PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day Summary

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! I didn't realize how much I'd have going on last week. I completely forgot that Mother's Day was coming up so I spent last week getting ready as well as sewing 2.5 dresses. The third one still needs sleeves...

Every year at church for Mother's Day the men and teens grill and mix up a huge (and delicious) Mexican meal.  I usually 'decorate' and plan the dessert table. For the past two years I've done a boxed cupcake stand. Its very inexpensive and I love how it always turns out. :)


Photobucket

They needed a little updating from last year so I cover one in little flowers, and the other two in tissue paper. 


Photobucket

I didn't plan for much decorating this year, just a pitcher of flowers and a framed quote.


Photobucket


As tradition would have it I also do chocolate dipped marshmallows. My older two siblings helped me and we had this done in 30 minutes. They're super easy just dip about half the marshmallow in some dipping chocolate and add some sprinkles and a M&M. In thee past I've place them of sticks, but we decided to just leave them flat this year.

Photobucket

My sister had this idea to write encouraging quotes on the tablecloths for the Moms to read. I really liked how it turned out!


Photobucket

Each day of our lives we make deposits int he memory banks of our children-Charles Swindoll

Wells there's my Mother's Day recap. Hope you all have a great week!

Linking up with- Tatertots and Jello , Flamingo Toes, The Well Crafted Home, The Grant LifeOne Artsy Mama 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! So glad you chose to drop off a small note!