PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cupcake Liner Tree Tutorial

After seeing these Cupcake Liner Christmas Trees over at Tater Tots and Jello I was immediately inspired to make a "flat" Christmas tree for a Christmas Party. I thought I was so creative until I looked back at the guest post and noticed she suggested the same thing! Oh well, both are great!



What you need:
Cupcake liners. (Not many I think I used 5)
Back Paper
Hot Glue
Twine for the stump (optional)


Start by freehand drawing your tree onto your paper. Mine was about 6" tall and 4.5 wide. Here I've outlined my tree using Gimp so you could see it, in reality its not that perfect!


Then cut the bottom off your cupcake liners.


I decided to use Hot Glue for this project because it dries extremely fast, which is pretty important. Glue your first layer to the side of your tree. My first layer was about the length of 1 cupcake liner. As you move up just trim a little off the cupcake liner.   When you straiten your liner out it will create a U shape. Scrunch the U shape down and glue into place. Continue until you've finished the piece. As you movie higher up on the tree you'll have to scrunch less.




 For the top cut out a small piece, pinch the top together and glue in place.




If you'd like you can now add a stump with paper or twine like I did. For the twine stump cut out 7-8 pieces all the same length and glue them next to each other.


And there you go! A new decor piece for any party or house. 

I'll be linking up with Tatertots and Jello and Flamingo Toes later this week. 


Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! So glad you chose to drop off a small note!